TikTok copies ads fast and in a convenient way to reuse an existing declaration. Whereas, when you copy an ad, it duplicates its current settings, however, these settings can be modified if necessary. Also, be aware of the following before copying an ad:
- Copying the same ad multiple times to an ad group is supported, but copying multiple ads to different ad groups is not currently available.
- Copying an ad or campaign to run a test split or batch test is not currently supported. We can expect this feature in the future.
- You can’t activate split testing while copying an ad into a new campaign.
- You can copy an ad from a campaign using automatic creative optimization (ACO). However, you can only copy the ad to a non-ACO campaign.
- Once the ad is copied, it will be considered a standard design, not an Automated Creativity Optimization (ACO) ad design.
- The copied ad will be subject to review after it has been repeated, however, this will not affect the performance of the original ad that you copied from.
Steps to copy a TikTok ad:
- Go to the “Advertising” tab under the campaigns.
- Click “Copy” under the ad that you want to duplicate. Note: Ads that are in ” Reviewed ” or “Disapproved” may also be copied.
- A pop-up window will appear. You can switch the number of copies you want to create.
Note: There is a maximum of 20 ads per ad group. For example, if you copy an ad to an existing ad group that currently contains two ads, you can switch up to 18 copies of the ad, since the two existing ads in the ad group plus the 18 new ads waiting to be copied equals 20 – the ad limit per ad group.
- Decide if you want to copy the ad to a new or existing campaign.