The world’s tallest and largest observation wheel, the 250m Ain Dubai is a result of 8 years of meticulous planning and construction. Located on Bluewaters Island, near the Dubai Marina, Ain Dubai is 82.4m taller than the High Roller (167m) in Las Vegas. In this article let’s discuss all the fascinating facts about it.
Fascinating Facts About Ain Dubai
An Engineering Marvel
- The inauguration of Ain Dubai was earlier planned on October 20, 2020, to coincide with the opening of the Expo 2020 Dubai. Due to the pandemic, both inaugurations were postponed. Finally a year later, on October 21, 2021, it opened its door to the visitors.
- As the structure is similar to the eminent ‘London Eye (135m),’ it was named Dubai Eye or Dubai-I. Later it was changed to Ain Dubai.
- Meraas, the Dubai-based holding company, revealed a few fascinating construction facts about Ain Dubai. Around 9,000 tonnes of steel have been used and the iron used in the project is 25% more than what the Eiffel Tower consumed.
- The length of the total cables used in holding the wheel rim of this magnificent observatory is 2,400 km long. Approximately it is the distance between Cairo, Egypt and Dubai.
The Floating Capsules
- There are 48 Swiss-manufactured oval capsules in the observation wheel with a total capacity of 1,750 passengers. Each pod can carry 40 people.
- The air-conditioned observatory wheel takes around 38 minutes to complete one cycle. Unlike roller coasters where your adrenaline would be pushed upwards, it offers a pleasant, delightful experience to the riders.
- When you hop on the capsule, it gives you a splendid view of the Dubai Marina on one side and the Emirate’s skyline on the other. All the landmark architectural marvels of Dubai including Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa, and Palm Jumeirah are visible from the pod.
- An 80m LED screen is mounted on the Wheel. It’ll serve as an electronic platform for advertisements, announcements, broadcasting, etc.
- For special occasions, you can hire the whole cabin for business events, birthday celebrations, or wedding proposals. The cabins are also available for private hire.
Other Fun Activities around Ain-Dubai
Bluewaters Island on which Ain-Dubai is located has many options for the visitors to enjoy. There are great seafood eateries on the Island. One of the new entertainment destinations of Dubai, Brass Monkey is here. You can enjoy a variety of games. There are beautiful beachside resort options for your staycations.
How & Where to Book your Slots?
- Ain-Dubai is open to visitors from 12 pm to 10 pm. Day and night slots are available.
Our advice would be to visit this glorious structure twice. During the Day spin, you can enjoy the sun-soaked beauty of this wonderful city. On the sunset spin, you can enjoy the night view of the Emirate. Go for both experiences and reach the sky.
Three kinds of Cabin experiences are available to the visitors – Observation Cabin, Social Experience Cabin, and Private Cabin. Tickets start from AED 130. Check the official Ain Dubai website to book your slots.