It’s a drill every UAE resident goes through every two years, or maybe three, depending on the type of visa.
While most of us remember the month when our residence visa is scheduled to expire, we don’t usually remember the date. Then, as the month approaches, it’s common to flip through the pages of the passport to check the visa validity.
To check UAE visa status, you can either carry your passport with you all the time or learn other ways to check UAE visa validity on the go. So the next time you are wondering about how to check visa status in the UAE, check out some of these online channels.
HOW TO CHECK UAE VISA STATUS ONLINE
The UAE Government has an official portal to help you access visa-related services. To check your UAE resident visa validity using this method, you need your passport number.
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship provides this service through its website. A resident can enter passport information to verify if visa is still valid and can check whether the issued visa is authentic or not. Residents can also cross-check the validity of visa through this official government website.
Here’s a step by step guide to track the visa validity using your passport:
Step 1: To visit Click here
Step 2: Select the ‘Passport Information’ radio button.
Step 3: Select either ‘residency’ or ‘visa’.
Step 4: Enter passport number and passport expiry date.
Step 5: Enter nationality from the dropdown on the right. A corresponding number will appear on the box on the left.
Step 6: Select the captcha check box and click on search. The page will now display your visa details along with date of expiry.
HOW TO TRACK VISA APPLICATION
To track your visa application, you need the application number and reference number. When you submit your visa application to any visa service provider, ask them to give you the application number and reference number so you can track the visa yourself through the channels mentioned herein.
- If you applied for a visa to Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah track your visa application on the website of Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship- ICA (the eChannel for residency and citizenship).
- If you applied for Dubai visa or through Amer centres in Dubai, track your visa application through General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs-Dubai (Vision eForm.)
HOW TO CHECK VISA VALIDITY
- If you already have an entry permit/residence visa to Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah check your visa validity on the website of Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship- ICA (the eChannel for residency and citizenship).
- If you already have an entry permit/residence visa in Dubai, check your visa validity through Amer-GDRFA in Dubai.
Alternatively, for any enquiry regarding visa issuance, types and validity, communicate with ICA at the toll free number 600522222 or through ICA feedback platform.
For Dubai visas, contact Amer service on the toll free number 800 5111 if you are living in the UAE. If you are outside the UAE, call Amer on the toll free number +9714-313-9999.
For more information, please contact:
- The UAE Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai
Here are some other ways
CHECK DUBAI VISA STATUS USING GDRFA PORTAL
The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) is tasked to deal with and respond to all UAE visa-related rules, applications, queries and concerns. So far, only Dubai has a separate portal that allows you to check your UAE visa status online.
UAE government allowed the users to check their UAE visa validity online on the GDRFA (General Directorate Of Residency and Foreign Affair) website since 2011. That service still available if you want to try to click here. The GDRFA website is somewhat difficult because it needs more information for checking the UAE visa status including entry permit number, visa application number, etc.
GDRFA DUBAI WEBSITE
- Click this Link
- Select “Residence Validity” from the drop-down menu as the service you seek for your UAE visa enquiry
- Enter your residence file number using your year of issue. You can find the residence file number on the visa page in your passport.
- Next, enter your first name, as per your passport and select your gender
- Specify your correct date of birth in the dd-mm-yyyy format
- Enter the Captcha code in the specified bar and click “Submit”
Given all your details are correctly entered, your visa validity details will appear in green, below your submission form. The details will include your UAE visa expiry date, your name, date of birth, nationality and gender.
GDRFA DUBAI APPLICATION
To provide further ease in the visa-related matters, GDRFA Dubai launched an app for expats in the UAE. Simply download the GDRFA Dubai app
- Open the app and select the “Services” label
- Click on “Entry Permit / Residence Status” and then select “Residence Inquiry”
- Enter your details: Visa code, first name, nationality and date of birth
- Double-check your input and then click “Inquiry”
If the entered details are correct, the page would display a green tick with the details of your visa. These details will include your full name, your UAE visa expiry date, the type of your visa and your visa number. You don’t require to sign up or enter login credentials to simply check your visa status.
It is obvious that you need your passport details for each of these methods to check UAE visa validity, but you don’t always carry it with you. A smart way to go about it is to keep a scanned version of your passport in your phone or at least a photocopy of it in your wallet at all times. This way, you can confirm your UAE residence visa validity any time you want. The same process can be applied to check the status of a Dubai visit visa.
If you already have an entry permit/residence visa to Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah check your visa validity on the website of Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship- ICA (the eChannel for residency and citizenship). If you already have an entry permit/residence visa in Dubai, check your visa validity through Amer-GDRFA in Dubai.