Telecommunications companies in the United Arab Emirates offer a large number of services to their subscribers. These include data packages, pictures and messages sending services etc. In this article, we will talk on how to transfer credit from du to Etisalat and vice versa as this service is relatively new and needed by everyone.
How to transfer Etisalat Credit
Etisalat provides its subscribers with multiple services related to balance transfer. It allows local/international balance transfer as well as data balance transfer service. And this is what we will talk about in detail.
How to transfer Etisalat credit
You can transfer the balance from your mobile phone account, whether it is monthly invoice or prepaid, to your friends and family prepaid accounts.
Etisalat provides this service through two different channels, the first through the My Etisalat program, and the second by using the following Etisalat credit transfer code:
* 100 * recipient number * amount in dirhams #
|The tariff||minimum||maximum||The monthly maximum|
|Postpaid line||2 AED||150 dirhams||500 dirhams|
|The prepaid line||2 AED||150 dirhams||1500 dirhams|
Note: A deduction of 5.25% (including 5% VAT) is made from the sender’s balance as a transfer fee.
Data balance transfer
As is the case with regard to the transfer of local credit, you can also perform the process of transferring the balance of Etisalat Emirates for data packages by using the My Etisalat app or through the following code:
- * 100 * recipient number * data capacity #
Advantages of this service
- One can transfer 100MB data and double it without a higher ceiling for prepaid packages only, and up to 5GB for postpaid packages
- A transfer fee of 3 dirhams will be charged for every 100MB of the main account balance or it will be added to the monthly bill
- Data transfers are allowed 5 times per month from packages of 1GB or more
- The transferred data is valid for 10 days, and its consumption will be calculated first before any other regular data capacity
- Transfer will be accepted unless the remaining data capacity at the sender is reduced to less than 100MB
Etisalat International balance transfer
If you want to know how to transfer balance from Etisalat to all subscribers of other lines. Then you can do so through the My Etisalat app, or by following the following method:
Send the international number, for example: 919XXXXXXXX, to the number 1700. At this point you will receive a text message with the available denominations in the destination country and the corresponding fees in UAE Dirhams. No additional fees will be charged for the same.
This was information on how to transfer credit from Etisalat to DU and other lines. This includes Etisalat’s international and domestic balance and data.
How to transfer DU balance
Du provides a “me to you” service that enables DU transfer credit to any of its subscribers in the country.
Du balance transfer
As for how to transfer the du balance, it is by using the following du balance transfer code:
- * 121 * recipient number * amount in dirhams #
5% of the amount to be transferred will be calculated as a transfer fee.
International balance transfer
- Send the word ” the SEND ” to the number 1700
- Enter the international phone number to which you wish to transfer the credit
- Choose the available transfer balance and confirm
- To confirm the balance transfer process, you will receive an order confirmation message, and the recipient will receive a similar message
After entering the international phone number, you will receive a list of available cash denominations. From here you can choose the required transfer value. No additional fees will be on the transfer.
Local Credit transfer
Transfer credit from your mobile (prepaid or postpaid) to your family and friends with prepaid numbers. Local Credit Transfer provides flexibility of transferring credit in different denominations.
How to use
- Via the My Etisalat UAE app
- By dialling *100*Mobile Number*Amount to be transferred# Example: If you wish to send AED 5, simply dial *100*05XXXXXXXX*5#
|CREDIT TRANSFER||MINIMUM AMOUNT||DAILY MAXIMUM||MONTHLY MAXIMUM|
|Postpaid||AED 2||AED 150||AED 500|
|Prepaid||AED 2||AED 150||AED 1,500|
5.25% (5% VAT included) of the transferred amount will be deducted from the sender as a transaction fee.
Example: If Mobile A transferred AED 100 to Mobile B, then AED 105.25 (AED 100 + AED 5.25) will be deducted from Mobile A and Mobile B will receive AED 100.
Request for credit
Etisalat now offers prepaid customers a new and free way to ask for credit from family and friends who are on the Etisalat network.
- Simple and easy to use
- Free of charge
How to use
- Type: *107*05XXXXXXXX*Amount# (the number of the person you are asking credit from) and press send or call key.
- The destination number will receive a message informing him/her that you need credit with the amount specified as follows: “Mobile Number 05xxxxxx is requesting you to transfer AED x (amount). To transfer the amount just type the following command: *100*Mobile Number*amount# and press the send key”.
- Once the amount is transferred, you will receive the credit on your phone.
*Important to know:
- Only prepaid customers can use this service
- The service is limited to 2 requests per day
How to switch to Etisalat?
We know it can be a hassle to give up your home telephone number. It is especially true for the one that you’ve shared with friends and family over the years. Now with the fixed number portability service FNP, you can easily switch to the UAE’s most popular home entertainment service and keep the same home telephone number. There’s a home broadband and entertainment plan for every need. All packages come with unlimited home telephone calls across the UAE. Simply complete this form and Etisalat takes care of the rest for you.
International Top up service from Du
Now you can transfer mobile balance and top up the prepaid lines of your family and friends back home in four simple steps:
Step 1: Simply send an SMS ‘SEND’ to short code 1700
Step 2: Enter the International MSISDN where you wish to transfer mobile credit. (Format: Country code followed by MSISDN. E.g. 919812345678 or +919812345678)
Step 3: Choose from one of the available transfer amounts and confirm
Step 4: Successful message confirming the transaction. Similar Successful message will be sent to the receiver in your home country