The police said we cleared visitors and shut down the Taj Mahal after receiving a secret call about a bomb to UP police from the stranger. Later we came to know that the bomb news was a rumour.
Based on the details the police got a call from a stranger helpline following CISF. He said a bomb kept inside the monument. Later specialists led intensive checks following the bomb danger.
Post hearing a news about no bomb found from the senior police officer, the entry for visitors had restarted. The officials said meanwhile the bluff call traced out to Firozabad.
Satish Ganesh (Inspector General ) Agra said, Earlier today an obscure individual approached UP 112 and said there will be a bomb impact at the Taj Mahal. Instantly our bomb team and others officials did a complete check inside the building. But so far we haven’t found any such object. Moreover Archaeological Survey of India protects the Taj Mahal even CISF does the same.
The Taj Mahal was returned for sightseers last September with severe Covid wellbeing rules subsequent to being closed for more than a half year. It had been shut since March 17 a year ago because of the pandemic.