Al-Ain: Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan visited Strata Manufacturing on Friday. He reinforced that the company is an essential component of the UAE’s aviation and manufacturing strategy.
Strata Manufacturing is the composite aerostructures manufacturing facility based in the Nibras, Al Ain Aerospace Park.
He also said that the UAE, led by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, is working to strengthen its position as a regional and global hub for the aviation industry.
During the visit, he noted that Strata’s continued efforts to support the nation’s fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, alongside other UAE companies and institutions, confirms the country’s ability to continue implementing its ambitious strategy even when faced with today’s current challenges.
His Highness toured Strata’s facilities, where he was briefed on the company’s products, including the aircraft structures manufactured at the plant for major international aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing and Airbus. His Highness also heard about the various technologies and innovations incorporated into the company’s production methods.
The tour began with an address on Strata’s progress since its establishment in 2009, including the establishment of the industrial facilities, production of aerostructures and the new expansion project known as “Strata Plus”, launched in July last year to cater for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner vertical fins work package.
Sheikh Mohamed was briefed on various matters including:
- Various aerostructures that Strata supplies to major global aircraft manufacturers.
- Products manufactured at Strata, such as the Airbus A330 spoiler, which is used aerodynamically to help reduce the plane’s speed, as well as the Airbus A330 ailerons, which support the aircraft’s rolling capabilities.
- The Airbus A350-900 inboard flaps, which enable the aircraft to secure greater lift during the most critical part of take-off and landing.
- The vertical fin assembly line for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, the largest and most advanced part manufactured in Strata.
- The automated drilling robot which is used in assembling complex structures for the A350-900 inboard flaps.
- An innovative mobile robot used for quality assurance and production supervision; this technology has been particularly advantageous during the current pandemic when staffing levels had to be reduced.
- The architectural model of the Strata Solvay Advanced Materials Factory in Al Ain.
His Highness was accompanied during the tour by H.H. Sheikh Nahyan bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan Charitable and Humanitarian Foundation), H.H. Sheikh Theyab bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Chairman of Abu Dhabi Crown Prince’s Court and Member of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council), Sheikh Sultan bin Hamdan Al Nahyan (President’s Advisor), Sheikh Mohamed bin Hamad bin Tahnoun Al Nahyan (Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Airports Company), and Mohammed Mubarak Al Mazrouei (Under-secretary of the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince’s Court).
His Highness concluded his visit by looking at the advanced equipment used in Strata’s state-of-the-art Contamination Controlled Area, Clean Room, in addition to the first sports bicycle manufactured in the UAE using composite materials, in cooperation with Khalifa University of Science and Technology.
The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi said: “I am delighted to meet you and get acquainted with the progress of your work in this company, which is a source of pride for every Emirati and one that I personally value. I am happy to see our talented Emiratis working efficiently in this advanced industry, including many Emirati women who have contributed greatly to this company.”