Mumbai: Amid the ongoing nepotism debate which was sparked by the tragic death of Sushant Singh Rajput as he died by suicide on June 14, Salman Khan has now tweeted and urged his fans to stand with Sushant’s fans in this difficult time.
He tweeted to convey his message and said, “A request to all my fans to stand with Sushant’s fans n not to go by the language n the curses used but to go with the emotion behind it. Pls support n stand by his family n fans as the loss of a loved one is extremely painful.”
After Rajput’s death, several hashtags such as #BoycottSalmanKhan, #JusticeForSushantSinghRajput, #BoycottStarKids, and #BoycottBollywood began to trend on Twitter. Many people have alleged that the late actor was being discriminated against in the film industry as he was an outsider and not a “star kid” like Salman Khan or Karan Johar.
The fans of the Dabangg star had trended #WeStandWithSalmanKhan in his defense.
Salman’s tweet comes days after advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha filed a case against the Dabangg actor along with eight other Bollywood personalities including Karan Johar, Salman Khan, Aditya Chopra, Sajid Nadiadwala, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Bhushan Kumar, Ekta Kapoor, and director Dinesh, in regards to actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death.
Sudhir alleged that these 8 people conspired against Sushant, leading to his suicide, which he pleaded amounted to murder. He filed a criminal complaint under Sections 306, 109, 504, and 506 of IPC.
“Sushant Singh Rajput was removed from around seven films and some of his films were not released. Such a situation was created which forced him to take the extreme step,” he added.
The hearing is scheduled to take place on July 3 in Muzaffarpur, Bihar’s local court.
The ‘Dabangg’ actor on Saturday tweeted, “A request to all my fans to stand with Sushant’s fans and not to go by the language and the curses used but to go with the emotion behind it. Pls support n stand by his family n fans as the loss of a loved one is extremely painful.”
Dabangg director Abhinav Kashyap had written in a social media post last week had claimed that his career was sabotaged by Salman Khan and his family. “All my projects and creative endeavors have been sabotaged and I have been repeatedly threatened with life and rape threats given to/for the female members of my family.”
“The sustained gaslighting and bullying destroyed my mental health and that of my family and led to my divorce and breaking up of my family in 2017,” he wrote. Salman’s brother Arbaaz said that they have started legal proceedings against Abhinav.
Mumbai Police confirmed Sushant’s death by suicide and further investigations are going on. Many have alleged that the actor was being isolated by influential people in the industry as he was an outsider.
Police have said that as per protocol they have recorded the statements of 14 persons and an inquiry is ongoing. An official added that the department has spoken to Rajput’s father, his two sisters, his friend and creative manager Siddharth Pithani, manager Sandeep Sawant, friend and actor Mahesh Shetty, casting director Mukesh Chabbra, business manager Shruti Modi, public relations manager Ankita Tehlani, actor Rhea Chakraborty, a key maker, and two house staff.