We all agree that chapped lips are a nightmare that haunts us with the advent of each new winter season, which not only harms the appearance, but also causes severe pain and inflammation that may lead to serious consequences if not treated. Although topical lip balms may sometimes work, you need to apply them frequently because they do not address the problem in depth.
We recommend here to resort to natural home mixes that help treat chapped lips. Today we offer you 3 natural ways to help you get rid of chapped lips in the winter season.
Sugar and honey scrub
Make sure that there is no dry skin on your lips when using this home scrub. Sugar and honey are your companions in this task, as they soften the lips and prevent chapping! All you have to do is mix an equal amount of them and gently exfoliate your lips with the mixture in circular motions, then remove the scrub with cold water.
Honey and lemon juice
The mixture of honey and lemon juice helps prevent chapped lips , giving them a smooth texture, thanks to the bleaching properties of lemon that work to purify the skin from impurities, while honey helps soften it.
- Add one teaspoon of honey to two teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on the lips, then remove it with a wet towel after 1 5 minutes.
- Repeat the recipe daily for a week and see the result for yourself.
Fresh rose petals and cream
Rose petals help supply your lips, while fresh creamy milk softens them.
- Soak a bite of rose petals in milk.
- After the petals are well soaked in milk, add a little fresh thick milk cream.
- Mash the mixture well until you get a homogeneous texture.
- Apply the mixture on your chapped lips and leave it on for 15 minutes before removing it with a cotton towel soaked in warm water.