All of us are distinguished by our own touch of furnishing the home and choosing the appropriate piece for each corner to create a comfortable atmosphere in this special place, and perhaps one of the most beautiful furnishings that no house is without carpets, so we find it in the salon, dining room and interior rooms to complete the luxurious appearance of the house if it is chosen According to certain principles corresponding to the design of the house and its furniture. In our article for today, we will help you answer the question How do I choose the right home rugs?
How do I choose home carpets?
Before answering this question, we should get to know the most famous types of carpets and their places of the sale in the Emirates, as Chinese carpets, Turkish carpets, and Iranian carpets are available in their various materials, such as wool, silk, polyester, nylon or cotton, and their distinctive patterns that can be bought from various stores. Famous and spread all over the Emirates. Stay with us in the following paragraphs to know how to choose home rugs and arrange them correctly and appropriately, as we will help you by answering the question: How do I choose the right home rugs?
Basics of choosing
You have to take into account the various basic matters in the process of choosing home carpets, whether you want to add them to the salon, living room, interior rooms, or even in the corridors, and to facilitate this task, we have divided the tips into three sections, the first is preferable to take into account before purchasing the carpet, and the second concerns How to buy the right piece of carpet, and the third section talks about how to put carpets in the home.
Pre-purchase carpet steps
- As a first step, you should carefully determine the size of the room so that the carpet is not larger or smaller than the required space, as you can then make a schematic diagram for the room’s furniture arrangement to avoid the problem of inconsistency.
- Determine the shape of the required carpet, as oval, square, circular and the most popular rectangular carpets are available, as this task depends on several factors, the most important of which are the interior design of the room itself, the shape of the furniture, the colors of the paint or the type of wallpaper. Living rooms with square tables and so on.
- Choose the right color that is consistent with the room’s furniture, and the current season, whether it is winter or summer, and the appropriate material for it, as thick carpets or made of fur and woolen threads suit the winter season, and thin carpets with artistic designs are suitable for summer
- Determining the budget and the required type, as the prices differ according to the material and the age of the carpet, so when we talk about Persian carpets, it must be known that the older the carpet, the higher its price, and this is due to the materials used in its manufacture.
How to buy premium carpets?
After you have chosen the appropriate type of carpet, and the appropriate color and shape of the furniture, and have determined its required location, you must do the following:
- Bring the drawing that you have made and attached with the sizes of the room to be furnished
- See the names of carpet shops in your place of residence, starting from the closest to the closest, and if you are a resident of the Emirate of Dubai, you can see our comprehensive guide to the most famous carpet shops in Dubai
- Visit all stores to learn about all available models and shapes, to ensure that you choose the right piece without hesitation
- Ensure the warranty certificate for the carpet that you have purchased, in order to benefit from the services provided by the store in the event of any damage to the carpet
How to lay carpet?
Well, after taking into consideration the basics of interior design for home decor, there are a lot of great ideas about arranging carpets in the home in an appropriate way, which we summarize as follows:
- You should choose a small carpet in dark colors and decorated with simple decorations for the entrance to your home, which will give a distinctive aesthetic view.
- You can choose a rustic red rug with gorgeous oriental motifs that match well with your Majlis heritage design
- If the goal is the living room, then the choice would be a carpet with simple patterns to give it a feeling of comfort and calm
- In case you want to choose a rug for the kitchen, we recommend a light cotton material with an uncomplicated design, which will give your kitchen a unique radiance.
- You can choose a rug full of fun and bright colors in the children’s room, to give the child a feeling of joy
- A solid color rug is a suitable choice for a dining room
- If you like to furnish the stairs, you should choose a carpet of several colors that covers the entire stairs for added safety
- There is no harm in placing a rug under the bed to give you a feeling of safety, comfort and warmth
- To add a touch of elegance to the home, you can place two pieces of carpet in the middle of the corridor
- Even in the bathroom, you can add a simple rug in a neutral color to add a different touch