Twitter has been a prominent social networking platform for the past several years. Tweeting and getting followers are now, a lifestyle to many people. I assure you that if you are a Twitter follower with an average 200 followers, then it is very simple to double your number of followers within a short time. Try these tips:
1. Make your profile perfect
Most users check your profile before they follow you. So updating the profile and making it charming with good profile photo are important to build up your followers.
- If you have a personal profile, give a close-up, smiling photo.
- If it is a company profile, give a good snap of company logo.
- Take notes from other Twitter bios that you like and write something similar for you.
- Make a bio, keeping in mind that what you type within 160 characters will be searchable in Twitter.
2. Tweet more
It stands to reason that if you aren’t tweeting, people won’t retweet you. This would never raise your followers.
- More tweets, more followers.
- Users with fewer than 1000 Tweets usually have less than 1000 followers.
- Those who have tweeted more than 10,000 times have usually 1000 to 5000 followers.
- Tweeters with more than 10,000 Tweets statistically have 10,000 to 1 million followers.
- Make sure that you are Tweeting on a regular, periodic basis.
3. Schedule your Tweets
Statistics show that those who Tweet regularly tend to have more followers. Scheduling not only increases followers but also saves time. Followers will come to expect tweets from you at certain times of day — once you stop tweeting consistently, you’ll fall off the radar.
- Using hashtags can spike the viewers and thereby follows.
- Schedule Tweets with tools like Hootsuite so that you are consistently posting, evenif you are busy.
- But when using these tools, too many posts may distract your followers.
- Do not overdo the hashtags.
4. Use your connections
Remember, in social media, it’s not about who you know; but who knows you. Leverage your connections on other social media sites by linking to your Twitter account in posts or updates.
- Find connections that you already have through email and Linkedin.
- Goto your Linkedin contacts page –> Select settings –> Export your contacts in a .csv file and upload to your e mail contacts –> Import your e mail contacts on your Twitter account –> Choose which connections you want to follow.
- People are likely to follow you if you already have a connection with them.
5. Get involved in chats
Twitter chats are a great way to find people of similar interests and gain followers. You’ll likely want to follow them back or follow them first to catch their attention. A couple of warnings about Twitter chats:
- Warn your followers you’re going to be involved in a chat as it can overrun their stream
- Don’t hijack the Twitter chat, let others talk
- Never post links to your products in a Twitter chat – unless asked
- Remember everyone can see, so tweet wisely
6. Find new followers
Like Twitter chats, finding people who are interested in the same things is crucial to your Twitter growth.
- Follow influencers in your niche and be sure to retweet their posts once or twice per day.
- This shows them you are engaged with Twitter and willing to give back to your community — not just blast out your own links.
- Twitter lists are also a great way to find people to follow and content to retweet.
7. Keep followers engaged
What’s the point in having 1000s of Twitter followers if they aren’t engaged with your tweets? That’s why it’s important have things to Tweet that appeal to your target audience and make them take action – either by clicking your links or retweeting you.
- Keep followers engaged by tweeting contents that is interesting to your target audience.
- Use google alerts to stay on topics worth Tweeting to engage your followers.
- Share photos and video, as these are the best ones to attract the followers.
8. Promote your Twitter
You’ll need to find creative ways promote your account and make others follow you – both online and offline. Things like:
- Signs in your physical store.
- Including your Twitter name on your printed materials.
- Business Cards, if any.
- Real-life conversations.
So, why don’t you give it a shot? But remember this: whatever you do, do not overdo it. Read this for getting amazing Twitter punchlines.