Emirates, the UAE’s flag carrier airline, has announced plans to introduce its newly retrofitted A380s with its latest Premium Economy cabins to five new cities beginning in December: New York JFK, San Francisco, Melbourne, Auckland, and Singapore.
As its newly enhanced aircraft with refreshed cabins enter scheduled service, the airline will also add more Premium Economy seats on services to London Heathrow and Sydney.
The airline intends to provide more opportunities for customers to experience its highly acclaimed Premium Economy product, and its latest deployment plans will also see 85 A380s back in the air by December, just in time for year-end travel demand.
Emirates upgraded A380s with Premium Economy will fly to New York JFK, San Francisco, Melbourne, Auckland, and Singapore as follows:
- To New York JFK, Emirates will operate with its newly retrofitted A380 on EK203 and EK 204, starting from 1 December.
- To Auckland, Emirates will debut its Premium Economy cabin on EK 448 and EK 449, starting 15 January 2023.
- From 1 February 2023, Melbourne will become the second Australian destination to be served with the signature Emirates A380 featuring Premium Economy. Services will be deployed on EK 406 and EK 407.
- San Francisco will become the second US destination to be served by the retrofitted A380 with refreshed interiors on EK 225 and EK 226, starting on 15 February 2023.
- Emirates’ enhanced A380 with Premium Economy will land in Singapore for the first time on 1 March 2023, operating as EK 354 and EK 355.
Emirates’ schedules to London Heathrow, Sydney, and New York JFK will also be updated, with its retrofitted A380 aircraft flying on the following services:
- With the introduction of the airline’s retrofitted aircraft on EK 414 and EK 415 on December 15, 2022, Sydney will become the first city in the Emirates network to offer Premium Economy seats on all flights.
- London Heathrow will receive its third daily service with Premium Economy beginning January 1, 2023, with the new product debuting on EK 005 and EK 006.
- Emirates will begin flying its second A380 with Premium Economy to New York JFK on EK 201 and EK 202 on March 15, 2023.
In a statement, the airline also stated that it will begin A380 services with a Premium Economy debut to Christchurch on March 26, 2023, as an extension of the Dubai to Sydney service, using EK 412 and EK 413.