In one day alone, on May 27th, UAE has injected its residents with 114,055 doses of the Covid vaccine. On May 25th, it had administered even more vaccines per day, which is 120,843 doses. UAE is presently the world’s most vaccinated country, with almost 90% of its residents have taken the vaccination which is available for free. It is essential that the other 10% also take the vaccine for the entire population to be safe.
Some More Statistics To Keep In Mind
UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) has officially released some data on May 28th, Friday. On this day there were 2,236 Covid-19 cases, 2,206 recoveries, and 4 deaths.
They claim that so far, the country has administered 12,646,024 doses of the Covid vaccine. This makes the net rate of doses 127.86 per every 100 people. The total cases so far are 565,451, with 545,229 recoveries and 1,668 deaths. There are currently 18,554 active cases and 239,852 new tests being conducted.
What Do Experts Have To Say about Covid vaccine?
Medical experts and authorities in UAE believe that the Covid vaccine may need to be taken by the people annually for it to be effective. This is similar to how the seasonal influenza shot needs to be taken every year, as explained by Dr. Farida Al Hosani, an official spokesperson of the UAE Health Sector, through a video posted by the Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre (ADPHC).
She also added that “Vaccination rounds began less than a year ago and it will take some time … It is difficult to determine the exact period of immunity provided by the vaccine at this stage. The vaccine’s efficacy may differ from one person to another depending on their immunity system.”
What Are The Covid Vaccines Offered In UAE?
Currently, UAE offers four vaccines, Sino pharm, Pfizer, Sputnik V, and Oxford -AstraZeneca. Two types of the Sino pharm Covid-19 vaccine from China appear to more than 70 percent effective in stifling the Covid symptoms. This is based on a big late-stage study’s first comprehensive result as issued to the general public.
A subsidiary of Sino pharm based in Wuhan developed a vaccine that was 72.8 percent effective against symptomatic Covid-19 at least 2 weeks after the second dose. This is based on the provisional results of a peer-reviewed study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association showed on Wednesday. This is a minor improvement from the initial rate in February which was 72.5, as claimed in a company statement.
Older and critically sick people will be assessed by the medics and given the Covid-19 vaccine booster dose as well. Booster dose provides immunity against several mutant variants of the coronavirus. Health experts reassure the residents not to worry about the side effects of the vaccine as they are just the result of the body’s immune system fighting against the virus. Additionally, Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) declared free parking near Covid-19 vaccination centers to encourage people to get vaccinated.
To effectively control the Covid outbreak, all residents of UAE are encouraged to complete their vaccination course at the latest.