Many people suffer from being overweight, which can lead to obesity, which makes them feel uncomfortable, and it can prevent them from completing all their work due to feeling tired quickly, and it is worth noting that the countries of the Arab world are witnessing high levels of obesity.
For example, obesity rates in UAE reach 30.4%, and we also point out that excess weight causes embarrassment for some when going out and meeting others, so they try to reduce their weight by following a diet that helps them in that, and exercising, knowing that there is no system fixed food that can be applied to all individuals but is determined according to the nature of the individual’s body, the current weight of it, the target weight to be reached, etc., except that despite doing all of the above; Some do not reach any result and do not notice a difference in weight, and here we can say that their mission failed.
Important reasons for weight loss failure
There are many reasons that lead to failure to lose weight despite following a diet and exercising, due to several factors, including the following:
- Hormones: Several researchers in the field mentioned that the diet reduces the percentage of the leptin hormone responsible for giving a person a feeling of satiety, and works to increase the hormone ghrelin that stimulates the feeling of hunger, which increases the difficulty of the body’s control of weight.
- Insulin resistance: When the rate of insulin rises, the human body stops converting fat into an energy source, controls excess energy due to laziness, and works to convert it into fat that accumulates in the abdominal area, causing rumen.
- Metabolism: when calories decrease rapidly in the body; The metabolism becomes slow, which makes the human body more prone to bouncing back and moving in the opposite direction, thus increasing the desire to eat.
- Exaggeration in exercise: Exercising in an exaggerated manner does not give the body the opportunity to adapt to the amount of effort gradually, which reduces the speed of responding to stress, and requires new exercises every three months in order to burn calories.
- Random eating times: Failure to eat for a long period of time reduces the level of sugar in the blood, which results in a desire to eat. The matter can be resolved through eating light meals at random times, as the body remains busy digesting separate foods even if they are healthy.
- Lack of fluids: Low levels of fluids and water in the human body, which leads to reducing the ability of the kidneys to detoxify, which makes the liver work to support them, and not to do its main task, which is to get rid of the accumulated fat.
The most important tips
- Encouragement and motivation. As the process of losing weight takes a period of time to succeed, so an individual needs constant encouragement, and this can be done by remembering the benefits that he will gain, such as: improving mood, sleeping well, increasing energy, and getting rid of fats.
- Adhere to the diet; losing weight requires a change in eating style with certain dates.
- Doing proper exercise that helps get rid of accumulated fat on certain parts of the body on a regular basis.
- Avoid staying up long hours at night and sleeping well.
- Eat low-calorie snacks between main meals