Dubai Public Libraries are affiliated with the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority and they number eight; Seven of them are in Dubai and one in Hatta, and all of them work as a service cultural agency that seeks to enhance the intellectual and cultural awareness in society, and to develop the acquired skills for future generations by offering several services, events and activities that stimulate children, young generations, and youth to visit libraries. In this article, we highlight the Dubai Public Library, Hor Al Anz, which is a reliable reference for benchmarking in the public library sector at the national, Gulf and Arab levels.
Dubai Public Library is located in Hor Al Anz area and includes various topics from general knowledge, psychology, social sciences, pure and applied sciences, literature, history, and books for young people, in Arabic and English, and some other languages
The services of the Dubai Public Library are divided into the following:
- Information services
- Extension services
- References services
- External and internal borrowing
- Ongoing Briefing
- Automated search service
- Organize the library database
- Providing multimedia service
- Building information bases
- Wireless and wired internet service
- Providing multi-purpose classrooms and halls
- Facilities for people of determination
- Regular and color photography of books and documents
- Plain and color printing
- Send and receive faxes
- Providing various types of packaging such as spiral, thermal and laminate packaging
- Provide DVD and CDs to save documents
The library provides electronic services through the website and smart applications, including renewing membership and reserving halls and classrooms, in addition to the availability of a smart loan device that you can use to search for the title of the book you want and then loan it to yourself through this device without the need to resort to the employee and take actions Lengthy.
Activities and events
- Creative summer camp
- The default summer program
- Training workshops such as (Research Writing Program)
- Book signing parties
- The launch of many competitions such as “The Skilled Reader” and “Read” in the Dubai Metro
- Receiving school visits and supporting the reading challenge competition
The library includes many facilities, including:
- Multipurpose halls
Subscribe to Dubai public library
Membership in the library allows you to borrow library materials from various fields of knowledge, in addition to taking advantage of the Internet services and other services provided by the Dubai Public Library, Hor Al Anz.
In order to be a member of the library, you must fulfill the following conditions:
- To be a citizen of the United Arab Emirates or a Gulf Cooperation Council country, or a resident who holds a valid residency
- That you provide some documents such as passport photos, a copy of the passport and a copy of the residency for residents, in addition to a copy of the companies and institutions license.
- Individual membership (adults and children)
- Family membership
- Membership of institutions and companies
- Individual membership: 50 dirhams for 5 years (150 dirhams deposit)
- Family membership: 50 dirhams for 5 years (200 dirhams deposit)
- Corporate and Institution Membership: 100 dirhams for 5 years (200 dirhams deposit)
Duration of membership
If you are wondering, dear reader, about the period of membership in Dubai Public Library, it is 5 years, renewable for the same period for all memberships.
- 10:00 AM – 05:00 PM (Saturday – Thursday)
- It closes on Friday
The location of the Dubai Public Library, Hor Al Anz, is easy and clear as it is located at 16th Street, Deira, Dubai.
If you have any questions, you can call: 04 515 5271