We can call it the “magic drink”, it is a mixture of warm water with lemon and honey, which studies have revealed that eating it provides great aesthetic and health benefits, as it is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that contribute to strengthening the body’s immunity, as it is low in calories and does not It raises the level of sugar in the blood.
While lemons are a rich source of vitamin C and act as a natural detoxifier, the pectin fibers present in lemons improve digestion and gut health.
Research has proven that drinking this drink in the morning on an empty stomach can boost the body’s metabolism and flush out toxins from the body, which helps in losing weight. All you need is a cup of warm water, the juice of the lemon, and a teaspoon of honey. Super easy recipe, prepared in less than a minute.
In addition to what we have mentioned, the health benefits of honey and lemon drink are many, most notably:
Treating cough and pulmonary congestion
Honey and lemon drink is one of the traditional remedies that work as a cough suppressant and expel phlegm from the chest, especially if the cough is dry and stubborn. Honey has antibacterial properties and acts as a soothing agent for irritated tissues, while lemon is considered an anti-bacterial and anti-virus.
How to use
- In a small saucepan on the stove, put 2 cups of water, a little ginger and the juice of lemon.
- Boil the mixture and let it cool down for 2 0 minutes.
- Strain well from the lumps, put it in a bottle, then add two teaspoons of honey.
- Drink a cup daily until you get rid of cough and phlegm.
Drinking honey and lemon daily helps to burn fat and lose excess weight, and it also contributes to supplying the body with energy.
How to use
- Squeeze one lemon.
- Add a cup of warm water to it. Make sure it is warm and not hot.
- Add to the mixture a teaspoon of raw honey, and stir well.
- Have a drink in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Repeat the treatment daily until you get satisfactory results.
Get rid of mouth odor
Bad breath can be eliminated and treated by rinsing with honey and lemon juice, and following a proper oral hygiene routine.
How to use
- Squeeze a whole lemon, then add a cup of warm water.
- Add to the mixture a tablespoon of honey and stir the mixture well.
- Use it as a mouthwash several times a day.
Flush out toxins from the body
Honey and lemon juice is one of the most beneficial and best drinks to flush out toxins accumulated in the body due to pollution of food, drinks and the environment. Lemon juice is a natural body cleanser that removes harmful sediments and waste, as it expels toxins from the stomach and increases digestive juices. It also expels toxins from the liver and removes congestion. As for honey, it contains anti-oxidants that contribute to the elimination of toxins that affect the body, and it contains anti-bacterial and microbial properties.
How to use
- Heat a cup of water to room temperature.
- Add the juice of the lemon and a teaspoon of honey.
- Drink this drink daily regularly.