Water constitutes approximately 60% of the body’s mass and constitutes 90% of the blood, and the lack of sufficient quantities of it leads to dehydration, and it should be noted that the human body gets some water from foods that contain large amounts of it, Such as oranges, soup, and others, but most of it is obtained by drinking water and other drinks.
What is known as the fast water regimen is spread on the Internet, which depends on drinking large quantities of water and reducing food intake for a certain period, as recipes are circulated among people;
For example: drinking water with lemon on an empty stomach, and all of these recipes greatly reduce the intake of calories, which leads to a deterioration in human health, and the occurrence of symptoms, such as fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, and constipation, if the person continues to follow them for more than four weeks Gallstones (cholelithiasis), are the most common and dangerous symptom of these low-calorie diets.
Risks of quick water diet
The human body needs calories to perform its various functions, and limiting the intake of calories causes many damages to a person’s health, and the most important of these damages are:
- Inhibiting the speed of metabolism: Many studies have shown that adopting a calorie-restricted diet reduces the speed of metabolism by approximately 23%, and this decrease can continue for a long time even after returning to eating a normal amount of calories, and the loss of mass is considered Muscular because of the lack of calories intake, one of the reasons for the decrease in the speed of burning processes.
- Lack of nutrients: Low-calorie diets do not provide the body with its need for nutrients, such as iron and vitamin B12, which leads to anemia and fatigue, in addition to calcium deficiency, which reduces bone strength, increases the risk of fractures, and it is possible Nails become brittle, and hair weakens as a result of protein deficiency.
- Impaired fertility: Some studies have shown a decrease in reproductive capacity in women who follow a limited calorie diet.
- Impaired immunity: limiting caloric intake weakens a person’s immunity; As it increases the likelihood of disease and infection, especially if it is accompanied by strenuous physical activity.
The promotion of some diets has been noted as helping to lose weight, including the Dukan Diet and the Atkins diet, which is based on the principle of reducing carbohydrates and increasing the proportion of protein intake.
So that it reaches 30% -50% of total calories during the day, although the body normally uses carbohydrates as a primary source of energy, and increasing protein at its expense means that the body enters into a metabolic state called ketosis, in which the body uses fat as a source of energy, thus reducing body weight, but this has risks and symptoms, such as high cholesterol and kidney stones, and osteoporosis, and this diet also contravenes what the American Heart Association and the American Cancer Society recommend, that protein constitutes a lower percentage of total calories.
The principle of weight loss is based on burning more calories than a person consumes daily, either by reducing the number of calories he gets daily from food and drinks, or by increasing the burning of calories through exercise, and these two methods are the key to losing weight properly, and it may be Committing to this is not easy, so the person should get support from friends and family.
Weight loss tips
There are many effective and healthy ways to lose weight, along with a healthy diet, the most important of which are:
- Eating eggs for breakfast: Eating eggs for breakfast contributes to reducing the number of calories consumed, which contributes to weight and fat loss, and in fact, any source of high-quality protein can fulfill the purpose, if eggs are not available.
- Drinking coffee: High-quality coffee contains antioxidants, and it has the ability to increase the speed of metabolism by (3-11)%, and the body burns fat by (10-29)% while making sure to drink it without adding sugar or any additives.
- Cooking with coconut oil: Coconut oil is very healthy. Because it contains Medium Chain Triglycerides, it increases the body’s burning of calories by approximately 120 calories per day, and it reduces appetite, so the person’s consumption of calories decreases by about 256 calories per day, when the fats and oils that are replaced It is usually used in cooking, and coconut oil is used instead.
- Reducing sugar: Sugar consumption is strongly associated with type 2 diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and others, so it is appropriate for a person to avoid added sugar to maintain his health and lose weight, by making sure to read the food label.
- Use smaller plates: Using smaller plates for food automatically helps you reduce the calories a person consumes.
- Exercise Sports: The practice of aerobic exercises ( in English: Aerobic exercise) effective way to burn fat, especially fat surrounding the abdominal area, and contribute to improving the physical and mental health.