When thinking about movements, we usually think of building muscle or increasing our respiratory capacity , but we may sometimes reduce the strength of stretching exercises. Improving flexibility as part of a daily exercise program is key. One of our favorite things about stretching exercises is that they can be done multiple times at short intervals throughout the day.
Not only will this improve your overall flexibility, but it will do wonders for your mood , energy levels and overall health. When you are more flexible physically the daily tasks become easier. Stretching can improve balance, range of motion and circulation. The stretch will also keep your joints limber and relax your muscles. And when you are flexible this may also help prevent injuries. And perhaps one of the most important aspects of stretching exercise is that it can help relieve stress.
Remember that sitting still throughout the day can cause problems and increase the risk of many different diseases, including cancer. In fact, according to the American Institute for Cancer Research, you only need a short break of a minute or two during the day to help reduce the risk of cancer. Stretching exercises are a great way to break down your day and add more group movements to your daily routine. Stretching is a great form of movement that costs nothing and is easy to do.
Here are some tips to keep her in mind when it comes to stretching:
- The stretch doesn’t have to be painful, so don’t force yourself to do anything while you’re stretching. You should feel only a slight tension.
- The stretch should be smooth and gentle. Don’t make sudden movements or stretch your body too much.
- Don’t hold your breath while you are stretching. Take this opportunity to breathe freely and deeply.
- Stretch several times. In addition to the stretching associated with exercise, you should stretch periodically throughout the day and before going to bed at night. When doing stretches with exercises, stretch gently after warming up your muscles as well as after you have finished exercising.
- Drink plenty of refreshing water before, during, and after stretching exercises. Water keeps your body hydrated and can help you get the most out of your stretching routine.
Athletes have long used stretching as a way to improve their performance, yet research indicates that stretching gives you multiple health benefits. For more support you can check out joint supplements like collagen or glucosamine. Consult your doctor for more information. Thus, make sure to incorporate stretching into your daily routine!