Detoxing is a popular trend followed by people to lose pounds quickly. It is nothing but complete rejuvenation or cleansing of your body through the consumption of fruit and vegetable concoctions and herbal teas. Detox waters are a great way to cleanse the body of the toxins responsible for things like digestive issues, bloating, constipation, and even better skin.
The best part of detox waters is that they can be homemade and you can choose the ingredients of your likes and availability. What more do we want?
Let’s look at some well proven and tasty detox drinks:
1. Green tea and lemon
How can we not start with the king of detox drinks? Rich in detoxifying antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, green tea can help promote detoxification in the body.
- Boil a cup of water and place a green tea bag or add green tea powder in it.
- Add the juice of a lemon.
- Drink it while it is still hot.
2. Lemon And Cucumber Detox Water
It is one of the most common DIY cleansing drinks to boost energy and metabolism.
- Cut a lemon into wedges and slice cucumbers of your choice. Toss the pieces into a jar.
- Add a few mint leaves and a pinch of salt (salt is completely optional)
- Pour water into the jar.
- Drink this water throughout the day. Prepare fresh batches daily.
3. Strawberry And Cinnamon Detox Water
Strawberries contain ellagic acid, a bioactive polyphenol that helps manage obesity and related complications. This naturally sweet detox water is definitely a boon to sweet tooth people.
- Cut strawberries in half and toss them into a jar.
- Throw in some mint leaves and a cinnamon stick.
- Pour a liter of water into the jar.
- Keep it in the fridge overnight. Drink it cold to rejuvenate your body.
4. Detox ginger lemonade
Who said detox water cannot be delicious? Give a makeover to your boring lemonade by adding ginger and honey to it. Ginger, lemon, and honey have a lot of health benefits other than weight loss.
- Heat a glass of water. Do not boil it.
- Use a mortar and pestle to crush the ginger root.
- Add the lemon juice, crushed ginger, and honey to a glass of warm water.
- Drink it while it is still warm.
5. Green detox drink
Well, you cannot always run away from greens, can you? You have to add your portion of greens in your daily diet. What better way than this tasty and irresistible detox water to do that?
- Add carrots, kale leaves, celery stalks, beets, spinach, cucumber, and parsley in a blender. (You can also add other vegetables and fruits of your preference)
- Add some water, lemon juice, garlic, and blend it. (Garlic is optional)
Detox drinks can be taken as early morning metabolic boosters to maintain hydration levels. You can also drink them between meals. Remember, detox drinks are not meal-replacements. You have to follow a healthy lifestyle to get the maximum benefits from detoxing.