Italy is a global tourist destination due to its prominent landmarks, it is characterized by the appropriate climate first, and many beaches and unique tourist facilities, and as we recently noted, many residents of the United Arab Emirates accept to travel to Italy for the purpose of tourism, so we will talk in this article about how Obtaining an Italian visa for residents of the UAE and some legal procedures.
Visa for UAE citizens
First of all, UAE citizens do not need to obtain a tourist visa to Italy if the goal is to spend a period of 90 days there. As for residents and those with valid residency in the UAE, they must obtain a Schengen visa from the Italian consulate in the UAE.
Documents required for UAE citizens
As mentioned earlier, UAE citizens can travel to Italy for a period of 90 days without the need for a visa, but at the same time, there are some documents and procedures that they must do, which are:
- UAE passport – it must be valid for at least three months
- Proof of the purpose of the visit
- Financial proof to cover expenses during the stay
- A letter of proof from the company where the traveler works if the purpose of the travel is an official business tour
In the event that you reside in the United Arab Emirates, you will have to apply for an Italy visa, and the following documents are required for that:
- A passport valid for at least three months from the date of return to the country
- One passport size color photo with a white background
- A valid residence visa in the UAE
- A copy of entry and exit seals in case of previous travel visas
- Medical insurance for travel to the Schengen countries covering the traveler with a value of 30,000 euros issued by an insurance company in the UAE
- An updated bank account statement for the last three months
- Air tickets for round-trip flights to and from the United Arab Emirates
- Proof of hotel reservation in Italy
- A non-objection form from the sponsor in the UAE stating that the sponsored person will not be prevented from leaving the country
All minors under the age of 12 years must present a letter of consent signed by their parents.
Types of visa
Stay for up to 90 days
- Tourist visa – visiting a relative or friend
- Business visit visa
- Visa transit
Stay for more than 90 days
- working visa
- Student visa
- Family joining visa
- Medical treatment visa
Steps to extract visa
After providing all the required documents and papers, you must follow the following steps in order to be able to obtain a visa from the UAE to Italy.
After confirming that you are eligible for the visa, you can visit the Italian Visa Application Center of Cox and Kings Global Services, and following the contact information:
- Location: Downtown Dubai
- Official working hours: 10:00 AM – 02:00 PM (Sunday – Thursday)
- Submission of applications: 10:00 AM – 02:00 PM (Sunday – Thursday)
- Passports collection: 10:00 AM – 01:30 PM (Sunday – Thursday)
- Contact: 800 48259 0331 321 04
- First: Choose the type of visa and determine the purpose of the visit
- Second: Set an appointment to visit the Italian Visa Application Center via the website
- Third: Fill in the form with the required information (nationality, travel category document, passport number, type of visa, purpose of the visit), attach the documents and print the payment receipt (if any).
- Fourth: Pay visa fees online
- Fifth: Visiting the office on the date set for the interview
- Sixth: The center sends your application to the Italian embassy, which in turn will approve or reject it
- Seventh: Track the status of your application via the center’s website
- Eighth: Receive the passport in the way that you have specified. Either the passport is sent to your home or you go to collect it at the center
The fee for obtaining a visa from the UAE to Italy is 240 dirhams for adults, 140 dirhams for children between 6 and 12 years old, and free for children under 6 years old.
How many days are required to complete the procedures for obtaining a visa?
Usually, the time required to complete the visa procedures ranges from 3 to 20 working days.
Can I apply for a visa from the UAE to Italy urgently?
No, the Italian Consulate does not provide this service.
What happens if my Italy visa is refused?
In the event that the application is rejected, your passport will be handed over to you, along with the details and reasons for rejection.