General Tweets on Twitter:
- Definition: A message posted on Twitter that contains text, images, GIFs, or videos.
- Where they appear on the sender: On the sender’s profile page and home page timeline.
- Where it appears on the recipient: On the home page timeline of anyone following the sender.
Mentions on Twitter:
- Definition: It is a tweet that contains the Twitter username of another account, preceded by the “@” symbol, for example: “Hello @Twitter Support!”
- Where it appears on the sender: On the public Tweets page of the sender’s profile.
- Where it appears in the recipient: in the “alerts” tabs of the recipient, which only the recipient can access, and the flags appear in the timeline view of the recipient’s home page (and not in their profile) if they follow the sender.
- Who else sees it: Anyone who uses Twitter and follows the sender of the tag can see the Tweet in their home timeline.
- Impossible places to appear: On anyone’s profile page, unless they write the message.
Note: When you post a tweet on Twitter that starts with the username, only people who follow you and the account you mention will see the tweet and will see it in the timeline of their home page, and if you want the tweet to appear to all of your followers, the best way is to re-Tweet on Twitter or repeat Twitter with a comment.
Responses on Twitter:
- Definition: A reply is when you respond to someone else’s tweet on Twitter.
- Appearance location of the sender: on-page Profile of the sender.
- Where they appear on the recipient: In the recipient’s “Alerts” tab, unlike mentions, the responses will also appear in the timeline of the recipient’s home page if they’re following the sender.
- Who else sees it: Anyone who follows the sender and recipient of the reply can see the response in their home timeline.
- Impossible places to appear: On anyone’s profile page, unless a reply has been sent.
What are the additional types of tweets on Twitter?
Retweeting on Twitter:
You’ll find Retweets in your timeline as well as on your profile and other profile pages on Twitter.
About Retweet with a comment:
The Retweet feature allows you to comment on someone else’s Tweet with your own comment.
About replies sent from accounts with protected Tweets:
When you protect your Tweets make them secret, you are telling us that you do not want anyone to see any of your Tweets unless you accept their follow request, and if your Tweets are protected and you send a reply or a signal, only the people you approved to view your Tweets will see them.
Where the responses appear among other people:
If you are not the recipient or the sender of the response, you can still reply to anyone else in your timeline, and you’ll see responses in your home timeline if you follow both the sender and recipient or if we think the response is about you. You won’t see the response unless you do By visiting the sender’s profile page, and if you send a reply to someone, that reply will not appear on their profile page, and only the responses they send will appear in the person’s profile.
How do I change my Twitter account to English?
- Click on your profile icon and select Settings and privacy from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Account Settings section and choose your language from the Language drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- You will be asked to enter your password, click Save changes to confirm the change.
Is Twitter owned by Google?
Google and Twitter have agreed on a deal to acquire, not just the deal that many expected three months ago, and Google acquires the Twitter group of developer products, including its own developer group Fabric, which includes the reporting service Crashlytics Twitter has taken over Crashlytics again.
Is it safe to delete tweets on Twitter?
Yes, deleting tweets is safe, and we use authorized access to the Twitter database to manage all interactions with Twitter, knowing that all tweets that you delete are permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.